<$BlogRSDURL$>
...but I was alive
Sunday, May 30, 2004
 
I am in Montreal. Finally back home after four months on the road, six countries, five weeks of yoga, too many memories to count and about a thousand photos. Well, it was definitely a slice. Probably the best thing I've ever done, definitely. It's strange to be back home and to be unclear about what my next step will be. Up until now, my path has always been clear: school, school and more school, and now that I'm taking a year off before going back to do my Masters, I can choose to do anything, live anywhere, and that freedom, well welcome and appreciated is nonetheless daunting. I'm sure though that everything will fall into place with time, and anyway, nothing is ever set in stone.
It's great to be home, to be able to wander around my neighbourhood, buy lilacs and tulips and cambazola cheese. My family will be arriving on Tuesday for my graduation and I am excited beyond belief. Right now I should be sleeping, but the jetlag is definitely affecting me, it's about 2 in the afternoon for me right now (Bangkok time). So for now, I'm sitting in my bed, typing, listening to the radio (how I've missed CBC Radio One) and thinking about how I really should be going to sleep, because I want to make it to Darby's 2/3 in the morning. I'll be up early anyhow I'm sure.
I had the most fantastic time travelling, I met some wonderful people, experienced a lot more than I ever could have staying here in North America and I have definitely come to appreciate what I have here more than I ever could before. I have so much to say about the trip, but I think I need a little while longer to process everything and make cohesive sense of all the somehow connected thoughts and discoveries that are floating around in my brain. For now I'm just keeping busy graduating, readjusting to life here in Canada, looking forward to going back home to Ontario next week and eating lots of fresh asparagus. My whole room smells like lilacs and my sari-duvet cover looks divine on my bed, it's good to be home.

Comments:
I've enjoyed your account of your time in Mysore. I was wondering where you stayed while you were there. Did you ever go to the Southern Star hotel? I'm thinking of staying there during my trip - at least at the beginning. Any thoughts? Is it nice?
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger