<$BlogRSDURL$>
...but I was alive
Sunday, May 16, 2004
 
I miss India. I miss India so much that I find myself looking up airfares to Bangalore from Canada and fantasizing about going back as soon as is remotely, slightly possible. The further I get away from it, the more I realise how fantastic my time in Mysore was. There's nothing wrong with being back in Bangkok (going to Cambodia tomorrow), but it's not quite the same. Relative to India, Thailand seems so clean, almost sterile, it seems like the West. It's so strange how perspective can change so quickly. When I first got to Bangkok in January I thought it was so bustling, crazy and even a tiny bit dirty, but now, now it is a haven of cleanliness and westerization. It is sparkling and peaceful. I miss India's stench, grime and character. When can I go back there? Take me back there. I miss the routine of my day centering around practice. And try as I might, there are no fenugreek rotis or badam milk to be found in Thailand. For a place that I was so hesitant to visit, India shocked and surprised me and left me wanting more. And I still don't know what it is about that place. It's bustling, noisy, colourful, ever-spinning and chaotic, a cacophony of sounds, people, languages, cultures.
Time to go grab some lunch here in Bangkok (well, in my case breakfast), maybe get a massage today, hang out a bit at the hostel, write in my journal and try to sort out all my thoughts about India, this trip and the future. One things remains certain though: I will return.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger