<$BlogRSDURL$>
...but I was alive
Thursday, June 24, 2004
 
I'm bored again. Just sitting at home watching High Fidelity. I read the book when I was in Asia (I highly recommend Nick Hornby books to anyone who wants a very funny, but not too heavy read), the movie is nowhere near as good, but that's generally to be expected.
I went to a meeting for my new job on Monday night (the restaurant is supposed to open this weekend) only to find out that the meeting had been cancelled (although for some reason the five of us who showed up hadn't been informed) and rescheduled for last night. I couldn't go last night, because it was my brother's graduation and there was this whole dinner thing that I had to go to, so now I have no idea what's going on with work. I've emailed my boss twice and received no response. I don't have his phone number because he never gave it to us, I don't even know his last name, and the resto doesn't have a phone yet...so I have no way of knowing if/when I'm supposed to work this weekend.
What's nice to know though is that I got a phonecall yesterday when I wasn't home (just got the message today) that a PR firm that I applied to in Montreal called and possibly wants to interview me. This is good for two reasons (1) I would have to go to Montreal for the interview, which is perfect because everyone knows I love Montreal and there are a few people, one in particular, who I wouldn't mind seeing right now. (2) If (and this is a big if) I got the job then I could quit the restaurant and move to Montreal, as it would be a full-time job with a full-time salary and that, being back in Montreal over the summer, would be just about the greatest thing right now.
So, other than that: went to my brother's grad last night, it was nice because all the families were there for dinner and awards and then we left and the kids had a dance. It's so funny to watch kids that age and watch all the social dynamics that are going on and constantly changing. They're trying so hard to be adults but they really are still kids, but they're trying so hard. Tonight we (my family) took out a former employee and her husband for a somewhat belated 'goodbye' dinner. It was a really nice meal, it was great to see her, because we were co-workers for the past four summers and we became quite close, so I was excited to tell her about the new developments in my life and to hear about all her great recent successes.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a primary series workshop with Katie and Cheryl, unless of course I have to work, which I would really appreciate knowing at this point! Otherwise my weekend is wide open, because I haven't made any plans assuming that I'm going to be working most of the time..who the hell knows though.
This movie is so bad compared to the book. I'm reading another Nick Hornby book right now called How To Be Good, which I'm quite enjoying, but it's going to have to move over, because I received the new Bill Clinton book in the mail today and Bill takes precedence over everyone (Bill and I are on a first name basis), because I loooooooooove him!
Still happy, head spinning, stomach doing somersaults, heart going pitter-pat...you do the math.

Comments:
LOL "still kids" from my vantage point you're just out of diapers yourself!
 
I know, I know...it's not like I'm all old and wise or anything, but I'm definitely more of an adult that the 13/14 year old crowd..
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger