<$BlogRSDURL$>
...but I was alive
Sunday, June 20, 2004
 
Not too much new to report. I'm still in Hamilton, it's still brutally Hamiltonian. I miss Montreal so much. I was reminded of this last night when I was out with a great friend of mine from HSC. We went out for drinks and a chat. I haven't seen her in so long, what with me being in Montreal, she in Toronto, the whole Asia thing and that fact that last summer when I was home I was entirely too busy going to school and trying to remain sane to have any kind of social life at all. It was nice to go out and catch up. The thing that I love most about this friend is that she's always herself, everything else may change, but she stays the same. Her realness is deeply appreciated. Anyhow, we were chatting about mutual friends (i.e. the people we both went to school with from the time we were three until we were 18) and I was somewhat shocked to find out that all the people from high school are all still friends with each other, and, to a great extent, only each other. Now, it's not that I've been purposely excluded from this group in any way, it's just that I graduated high school a year early and then moved to another province, which effectively cut me out of the loop. I did the rest myself. I got a wonderful new group of friends in Montreal and I moved on and assumed everyone else did the same. But they didn't. I don't have a problem with their choices at all, and I hope that they don't with mine (although if they do, I don't care), I just find it strange how our paths which both came from the same place followed such divergent routes. I am so happy where I am now, wouldn't want to go back. I might try and hang out with them this summer, but I kind of wonder why. I moved to a new city, got new friends, had tons of experiences that they aren't aware of, and I feel that to go back would be to erase everything that's happened in the past four years, the progress and the evolution. To them I am the same Andrea that I was when I was ten. I've changed. A lot. Maybe I've become a heartless, jaded city-dweller. At least I'm a happy, heartless, jaded city-dweller. Besides, I can buy beer and wine in my corner store, which is more than the Ontarians can say (irrelevant, but important nonetheless!).
Went to yoga this morning. Katie was teaching again and Cheryl was assisting. It was a nice practice. I was very happy with my backbending today, getting more and more weight in my legs and less in my arms. But my left hamstring is really starting to kill me again. I'm supposed to do a primary series workshop on Thursday, but I might have to cancel, because I think it might require a rest. Today after class and throughout the day pain was radiating from the top of my hamstring up through my left 'buttock' (to be clinical) and into my lower back. Probably not a good thing. I think that the cold, damp weather may have affected it today..it only started bothering me in India when the monsoon started. I'm starting to think about getting something done about it (any suggestions? Rolfing? Deep tissue massage?), because this can't keep happening. Luckily my savasana was peaceful and without any teariness, as I was in a splendid mood, I've been happy and smiley lately on account of...stuff. Time to get back to the subject of my 'stalking' (it's a joke)and the extraordinary thing that is gmail.

Comments:
First let me say that I am *this* close to getting ashtangi.net up and going and I hate this new login to post comments via blogger... ARRRGGGGGG..... if I can convince all of you bloggers to move over, the blog software comes with comments by default and you don't have this log in deal ....

Anyway, it's so funny that you mention the liquor store. I couldn't believe it...but I figured I was just a typical American used to being able to buy swill on every street corner and every store in the vicinity.

FWIW, at nearly 35, I can completely relate to your post about friends. I've been there and seen friends fade away as a result over the years... my best friend, however, that you often see me refer to was one of those people who, over the years, our lives have come in and out but he was always "real" and our paths merge and go apart but always come back together. We've been friends since we were 15.
 
Julie,
I've been meaning to let you know that I'm totally interested in being a part of that, in fact I was just about to leave a comment on your page to that effect when I got you comment in my inbox.
And thanks for the comments, the whole friends thing is throwing me for a loop, I thought that everyone would move on, but it seems I'm one of the only ones, and then I get painted as a snob because of it!

-Andrea
 
use haloscan.com for comments instead of blogger. then you dont have to login.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger